This product straight out of your medicine cabinet just might be your new favorite beauty product!
Aside from having extremely sensitive skin, I've always, always had a hard time dealing with oily skin. I've only been wearing make-up for a couple of years now on and off, mainly because make-up adds even more shine after three hours of wearing it.
Some time around the end of last year, my cousin was over my house telling me about the M.O.M effect. I remember saying, "what the heck is that?" and she started telling me about Milk of Magnesia. As gross as it sounds, it serious!
Milk of magnesia works as an oily control as well as a primer, keeping your skin less shiny and more sexy thanks to its working component, Magnesium Hydroxide, absorbing oil instantly.
Wanna try it??? Here's all you need to do:
- Wash your face and pat dry.
- Head to your local drugstore to pick up some M.O.M (I got mine from Walmart for like $2 bucks).
- When ready to use, shake well to make sure it's mixed properly.
- Grab a small container to pour some in (Milk of Magnesia usually comes with a small plastic cup, that's what I use).
- Get a good amount on your index and middle fingers and apply to your oily areas. OR use a cotton pad (not a cotton ball) to apply.
- Let it set for 1-2 minutes. By this time your face should be white. Don't panic.
- Apply a light moisturizer on top to get rid if the white residue.
- Lastly, apply make up as normal, and you're done!
Pretty simple right??? Give it a try and see if it works for you, everyone is different. Also make sure that your make up is mineral based if you have oily skin like me.
If you're not interested in the primer look, try the M.O.M mask! Just follow the steps above to apply, but leave it on for 10-15 minutes, rinse and that's it!
Let me know how it works for you! And if you have any rituals to get rid of oil, drop them in the comments below.
I'm going to post a couple videos of what I do below via YouTube videos. I do not know the people in these videos, just wanted to find something quick and short that would give you guys a helpful visual. They may do it a bit different, but just so you get an idea I'll post them.
Side Piece: MAKE SURE ITS THE ORIGINAL MILK OF MAGNESIA, NOT THE CHERRY FLAVOR, ETC.
Trust me, it's a sticky situation, LOL.