- Use a foundation brush instead of a beauty sponge to apply liquid foundation, the sponge will absorb the liquid too fast causing you to have to use more product, so apply it with the foundation brush and then use the sponge to blend it to your liking. Give it a try and save some of that foundation!
- If your mascara is getting a little clumpy, instead of tossing it right away, try putting the tube in a glass of hot water to break up the clumps and restore it to its normal consistency.
- Shop TJ Maxx and Marshall’s for beauty products. These discount stores often have high end beauty products for a lot less than you would normally pay.
- If you don’t like it, take it back. Mostly all makeup stores and drug stores will take makeup back if you tried it and it didn’t work for you. You can simply return it or swap it out (remember this is if you tried it, not used half the product).
- Keep your empties! Some brands allow you to return your empty containers for free product. I’ve been doing this at MAC for years. Check the terms of some of your favorite brands. Most of them offer this incentive.
- Use ice water to dry your nails, when I’m going through and extremely frugal period and I’m cutting out all extras, I do my nails at home. I love Seche Vite quick dry top coat, but to save ten bucks, you can dunk your nails in ice cold water for 2-3 minutes right after you paint them. Once removed they will be nearly dry and will completely dry in no time.
- Buy your makeup on the off season. Now that it’s spring, this would be a good time to catch burgundy’s and deep purple shades at a discounted price, you’ll be ready for fall and when fall! When fall comes you can prep your stash for next spring/summer.
- Simply ask for samples, both Sephora and ULTA will give you samples of products like primer, concealer, and foundation if you ask. Most times it is enough to get more than one use.
- Multipurpose items, I have eye shadows that I use as blush and highlighters that I double as eye shadows sometimes. Look through tour makeup and see if there are any products that you can get multiple uses from.
- Find out all of the best store brands and don’t be afraid to use them. For example, I swear by my up and up toner and my equate Beauty wipes. I know they work so there’s no need to spend money on a more expensive product.
I’m always here for anything that’s kind to my budget, what are some of your favorite hacks to save on beauty and makeup products?
Written By: @BeatsByJes